- Once you decided to have surgery Mr Negru’s PA will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your surgery. If you have private insurance, we will need your membership card number to arrange pre-authorisation of payment. Alternatively, a personal quote will be sent to you.
- The week before surgery you will have a pre-assessment. This normally requires you to visit the hospital and meet a nurse and, if necessary, the anaesthetist. A set of routine investigations will be performed including blood tests, ECG and x-rays.
- A consent form will be sent to you explaining the surgery and the risks. Please read this carefully and sign at the end if you agree.
- 48 hours before surgery you will need a COVID test
- On the day of surgery please arrange to have someone with you if you expect to go home. You should not drive home.
- If you take any medication, please continue to take them unless instructed otherwise
- You will be advised by the hospital the approximate time of arrival on the day of surgery. You must not eat or drink for 6 hours before surgery. You will be provided a personal room where you can change for surgery. I will visit you before surgery to mark the surgical side and discuss any questions you may have.
- The anaesthetist will visit you to discuss the anaesthesia. For shoulder surgery it is routine to have a general anaesthetic and an interscalene block that will numb your arm for up to 18 hours after surgery. The block provides pain relief and decreases the amount of drugs needed during the anaesthesia. It also allows you to take enough analgesia before the block wears off.
- You must remove any rings you may have on the arm that is operated on to prevent tightness in the event of swelling and decrease the risk of infection.
Planning your surgery
Dr. Marius Negru
Planning your surgery
Schedule Your Consultation
If you suffer with an Upper Limb problem, you are in the right place.
I am an Orthopaedic Surgeon sub-specialized in the diagnostic and treatment of Upper Limb problems. Pain in the shoulder, elbow or hand can have a significant impact upon daily living and can restrict your ability to perform exercise and sports.
My goal is to provide a personalized expert opinion to ensure that you can benefit from the best treatment in the shortest time possible. Useful information related to Upper Limb problems can be found browsing this website. My practice is based in Gibraltar and Marbella (Spain) but I do occasional work in Bucharest and London. Read more
HC Marbella, C/ Ventura del Mar nº 11, 29660 Marbella (Málaga) España
ORTOKINETIC Clinica de Umar si Cot, Bulevardul Pipera 58, Voluntari 077190